Despite inflation, Americans are ready to shop this week, whether they call it the “Black Friday in July” summer sale or simply Prime Day.
Driving the news: Before Amazon kicks off its 48-hour sale early Tuesday, “Black Friday in July” sales have already started at Macy’s and Best Buy, while Target’s Deal Days are also underway.
The big picture: According to data from RetailMeNot.
- Of that $388, RetailMeNot said $233 would be spent at Amazon and $155 at competing retailers.
- 47% of Americans are waiting for Prime Day to make their biggest purchases of the year, RetailMeNot found.
- 85% of consumers plan to buy school supplies during Prime Day.
Here’s a look at some of the biggest sales that took place this week.
What time do Prime Day deals start?
Amazon had Prime Day deals early on since June, but Prime Day officially begins at midnight PST (3 a.m. EST) on Tuesday, July 12.
Amazon Prime Day 2022 Deals
Amazon declared this Prime Day it will offer some of its “lowest prices ever” on items such as select Bose and Sony headphones and Fire TVs.
What we are looking at: A 50-inch Amazon Fire TV 4K UHD smart TV is $99.99, which is 79% off the listed price of $469.99.
- Amazon devices are also discounted, including a Fire TV Stick Lite for $11.99, 55% off Kindle Kids ($49.99), and up to 40% off Ring home security devices.
- Clothing, household items including small appliances and pet food are all on sale, the retailer said.
Best buy “Black Friday in July”
Best Buy’s “July Black Friday” started Monday, July 11 and ends Wednesday, July 13, with up to $300 off select laptops and TVs starting at $79.99.
What they say : “From July 11-13, we’re giving you tons of savings on the latest tech this season, including laptops, TVs, headphones, smartphones and more,” Best Buy said in A press release.
Target Deal Days 2022: 5% Off Store Gift Cards
Target’s Deal Days sale is back for the fourth year, starting early Monday and continuing through Wednesday.
Details: target sale is online only, but shoppers can choose in-store pickup for many items when available.
Best deals: 5% off Target Store Gift Cards at Target.com.
- Spend $50 on food and beverages and get a $10 Target gift card with same-day services (expedition pickup or delivery)
- Save up to $70 on Apple products and up to 50% on select tech items
- 50% off select family clothing and accessories and toys
Macy’s “Black Friday in July”
Macy’s “Black Friday in July” Sale began last week and ends Wednesday, July 13, the retailer told Axios.
- There are in-store and online promotions across all categories of apparel, accessories, beauty and home.
Kohl’s Summer Cyber Deals plus Clearance Discounts
Sale Kohl’s Summer Cyber Deals operates Tuesday and Wednesday online and offers free shipping on all orders.
- Kohl’s will also be offering “$1 BOGO Bonus Deals” in-store and online Monday through Thursday.
- Shoppers can earn $10 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent.
- For a limited time, get an extra 50% off all in-store and online clearance.
Walmart Clearance Sale
Meanwhile, Walmart isn’t running a “Deals for Days” sale like in the past, which competed with Prime Day.
State of play: Walmart has further cancellations or price reductions, the company told Axios.
An Axios reporter spotted two clearance MyPillow products at a store in Coral Springs, Florida over the weekend.
- Walmart said last month it would stop selling MyPillow products in stores but would continue to sell them online.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale will start on Friday, July 15, except for Nordy Club cardholders who have had early access since last week.
- The department store chain called the sale “the most anticipated and important shopping event of the year” in a Press release.
- Prices go back up on Aug. 1, Nordstrom said.