E-commerce site launches online supermarket, bringing value and pleasure to millions of moms
SEATTLE, September 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Since its inception in 2010 as a digital native retailer, Zulily sought to offer the best shopping experience to its main customers: mothers. Every day, Zulily launches over 100 flash sales, most lasting 72 hours or less, with thousands of new styles to browse and discover. Flash sales have and will continue to delight mums with savings and the thrill of a great find, but – spurred by the economic pressures that have emerged during the pandemic – the value equation for shoppers has shifted, which means Zulily has to play a different role in the lives of millions of moms. Thus, Zulily today unveiled new features and functionalities that represent an evolution of its business model aimed at adding value to its shopping experience.
Moms are redefining “value” as the sum of all parts of a shopping experience that delivers service, convenience, availability, affordability and enjoyment, in a way tailored to their specific wants, needs and preferences. To realize this new concept of value, Zulily aims to provide an online supermarket that invites moms to have fun shopping without breaking the bank. Offering exclusive daily deals in conjunction with a new always-on daily deal, the company is working to make shopping easier so moms can feel free from the “to-do-list” mentality and discover fun new finds. – all in the palm of their hands. .
“A universal truth about mums is that they are under a lot of pressure, whether temporal, inflationary, financial or societal, and these pressures affect mums’ buying decisions and behaviors. That’s why we’re changing cap and strive to be a solution for all moms wants and needs, every day,” said Courtney Kissler, SVP and Chief Technology Officer at Zulily. “We know moms are always motivated and excited by our flash sales and we need to create environments where discovery is personalized, well-organized and easily shoppable to optimize the decision-making process and continue to delight moms.”
Reinventing the online shopping experience in a post-pandemic future
American households need to maximize value more than ever. Under immense pressure and stress, today’s mothers are still responsible for over 75% of household purchases – the pressures to maximize household budgets are virtually unprecedented: 92% of mothers report that Inflation has had an impact on their spending budget, with essentials like groceries and gas feeling the biggest impact.2 Additionally, the median U.S. household income in 2020 was $67,521, the first significant drop since 2011, as costs rise around every corner.
As a result, the value equation has shifted. Not only do moms want to enrich their shopping experiences with simplicity and ease; they also want an experience that minimizes their cognitive load and frees them from the endless to-do lists of everyday life. By developing its business model, Zulily wants to be the slightly different and much more pleasant online shopping destination.
Three key shopping experiences
To create an experience unique to Zulily, new features and functionality will include three key shopping experiences designed to help moms discover deals, create special family moments and find the perfect unique items, guilt-free.
- Exclusive daily deals from trusted brands: Every day, Zulily will launch exclusive price offers on over 100 limited-time events, curated for each customer with unique and branded items they won’t find in the average online shopping experience. Zulily’s Exclusive Daily Deals allow moms to discover the best unique deals in retail every day.
- Virtual Brand stores-in a store : To maximize the time moms have, Zulily introduces a new daily deal that features an always-available selection of well-priced, quality brands and on-trend styles. With a suite of over 300 “virtual brand experiences,” moms can shop year-round with their favorite brands, including BOGS®, Carter’s®, Champion®, Burt’s Bees Baby®, Fisher-Price® , LEGO®, Levi’s®, Melissa & Doug, SOREL®, Steve Madden®, and more.
- Daily Value: Ninety-four percent of customers compare prices online1 — and now they’ve gotten even wiser. Zulily’s new Everyday Assortment offers a wide selection of everyday essentials and basics across clothing, footwear, homewares and more, at affordable prices to meet every desire, need and love of every day. moms.
The mother of the “planner’s brain”
Moms have been at the center of the Zulily universe since the very beginning, and the company remains unwavering in its commitment to understanding and anticipating their needs. Recognizing that inflation is a priority for moms, Zulily conducted a survey of 1,000 American moms to better understand the impact of inflation on their shopping habits and shopping behaviors in order to better serve them. .
Main findings and trends of Zulily’s “2022” Brain of the Planner: Inflation Edition Report” includes:
- Planning remains the name of the game among a growing number of moms. This year, the majority of moms (97%) see the importance of planning their purchases in advance, which can reduce stress and anxiety while saving time and money.
- Penny-pinching exists in all areas, but to varying degrees. Moms feel the “pinch of inflation” felt primarily on everyday essentials, like groceries and gas (72%), followed by discretionary spending on things like vacations, entertainment, and restaurants ( 25%). This holiday will impact 81% of moms’ gifts, as 33% will buy fewer gifts for everyone this year.
- Moms find strength in numbers when they come together to share the load. In times of hardship, moms band together and get together with loved ones to find ways to save, like sharing a deal they see online or in a store (26%), buying in bulk and sharing (23% ) and share money. – tips, tricks and #lifehacks to save (21%).
The findings are based on a Pollfish survey of more than 1,000 American mothers between the ages of 25 and 44, with children aged 18 or younger. The survey was conducted in August 2022.
1Source: e-commerce groupShopping is a way of life
2Source: Zulily 2023 Brain of the Planner – Inflation Report
Zulily is an online supermarket committed to providing a fun shopping experience for moms everywhere, without breaking the bank. With exclusive daily deals, on-trend brand names and styles, and everyday value on a wide selection of everyday essentials across clothing, shoes, homewares and more, Zulily helps moms discover bargains, create special family moments and find the perfect one-of-a-kind, guilt-free pieces. At Zulily, shopping is a little different, a little better and a lot more fun.
Zulily is headquartered in Seattle, Washingtonwith locations in Nevada, Ohioand China. With expertise in technology, merchandising, creative production, logistics, marketing, customer service, and more, Zulily team members work together to provide moms with a different, fun-based shopping experience. , discovery and fantasy. For more information visit, www.zulily.com Where Zulily’s findor follow @Zulily on Facebook, instagram, pinterest Where Twitter. For sellers interested in selling on Zulily, visit www.sell.zulily.com.
Zulily, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEAQRTEB, QRTEP).Qurate Retail Inc. is a Fortune 500 company which includes QVC®HSN®Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail GroupSM“), as well as other minority stakes and investments in green energy. Qurate Retail Group is committed to providing a more humane way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce (vCommerce) , which includes video shopping across linear TV, e-commerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms. For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.comor follow @QurateRetailGrp on Facebook, instagram Where Twitteror follow Qurate Retail Group on Youtube Where LinkedIn.